- Title: Timeline TV c/o BT Sport Studio 1
- Installation: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London
- Completion date: June 2018
- Area: 500 sq m.
- Programme: 3 weeks
1. A bonded industrial strength sand cement screed with A38 rapid dry technology to 55 mm. BRE Category A-B using 4 kg Drop Hammer Test.
2. The Elgood Universal Television Studio Floor System 30mm
Overall thickness of approximately 80-85mm.
The floor provides optimum camera pedestal performance.
The floor is perfect for Multi Camera use. A camera can be used anywhere on the floor making it ideal for multiple sets.
The floor is free of undulations, inclines and surface irregularities. These details are of no consequence on most floors, but totally unacceptable in a modern HD television studio.
Tough wearing surface designed to withstand the range of use expected of a modern HD studio facility.
We retain a small in-house team of full time employees specifically trained to install the Elgood Range of Studio floorings, the demand for which is intermittent.
All serve an apprenticeship of four years.
A challenging installation to replace half of a floor to a strict deadline.
Half of Studio 1 had a conventional floor and half had a glass floor. The glass floor had limitations and a decision was made to replace this half of the floor with a fully functional studio floor.
With new productions coming to the studio, BT Sport required a studio floor to meet the forth coming camera tracking and loading demands.