The floor provides optimum camera pedestal performance.
The floor is perfect for Multi Camera use. A camera can be used anywhere on the floor making it ideal for multiple sets.
The floor is free of undulations, inclines and surface irregularities. These details are of no consequence on most floors, but totally unacceptable in a modern HD television studio.
Tough wearing surface designed to withstand the range of use expected of a modern HD studio facility.
- Main Contractor: Collen Construction
- Completion date: June 2013
- Areas: Two state of the art television studio floors totalling 285 sqm, one with a blue screen infinity curve
- Installation Programme: 2 weeks
- Selected Product: Elgood Studio Floor, designed, manufactured and installed entirely by Elgood Flooring.
- Floor Thickness: Approximately 35mm
- Existing Floor: A concrete floor laid to our specification of + / – 6mm 35mm from FFL.
Vacuum contained diamond grinding was used to prepare the surface.
The Elgood Studio Floor System has been proven over 30 years with more than 120 studio installations. With an average working life of more than 10 + years these studio floors provide long term economy.
We retain a small in-house team of full time employees specifically trained to install the Elgood Range of Studio floorings, the demand for which is intermittent.
All serve an apprenticeship of four years.
Anti static finish as standard to eliminate nuisance static electricity that would otherwise interfere with camera use.
The Studio floor can receive semi permanent studio floor paints such as Mylands and be scrubbed clean as a matter of routine.
The surface has a slight profile to ease the application of semi permanent studio paints.